Monday 24 February 2014

Game Diary: 24/02/2014

Pokemon Silver (Gameboy)
So some of you may of heard of Twitch Plays Pokemon, it's the latest craze to sweep the internet. Twitch Plays Pokemon is a Pokemon live stream where the viewers control the game by typing commands into the Twitch Chat IRC. Twitch Plays Pokemon has been on going for just under two weeks now and in those 2 weeks it has been viewed over 26 million times and has at its peak been played by 100,000 people.
Seeing all this has inspired me to pick up Pokemon Silver again after dropping off months ago. Pokemon Silver is far and away my favourite all time Pokemon game, I no longer have my original childhood copy because the internal battery died, years later I now know better and have replaced the batteries on all 2nd generation Pokemon cartridges I have come into ownership of.
This isn't a new game thankfully, this is a continuation of the save I last had where I had just beaten the Pokemon League.
I've made quite a lot of progress in one day, I've traveled to Kanto, raised up two new party members in Heracross and Pidgeot and I now have five Kanto gym badges.
Current Team:
Typhlosion Lv55 - I pretty much beat the Elite 4 on his own, I haven't used him much since.
Red Gyarados Lv47 - Pretty sure everyone who ever plays this game uses this Pokemon, he's just too useful.
Heracross Lv43 - She was an absolute bitch to catch but her power makes her a key party member.
Pidgeot Lv43 - The essential bird Pokemon. I pretty much wasted the Kanto grass and poison gyms with him.
Nidorino Lv30 - Currently building him up before I evolve him into a Nidoking, it's going to take a lot of work before this team can beat Pokemon Trainer Red.
Corsola Lv24 - HM Slave, I need it for Surf.
Goals for tomorrow: Catch the Snorlax, get through the Diglett cave,  beat the last 3 gyms and do as many side quests as possible in my quest to build my team up.

Animal Crossing (Gamecube)
My second lighthouse week is over and the Mayor rewarded me with chocolate. Lame. I decided my house needed sorting because it was full of crap, it was like a damn brikabrak so I sold half of my furniture. It's funny how after I stopped playing I went and completely sorted out my room and you know what? It has never looked tidier.

No comments:

Post a Comment